What is it?
Manufacturer’s Genuine Motor Oil helps protects the engine from energy loss, heat, and wearing of contact surfaces caused by friction occurring in the engine. Manufacturer’s Genuine Motor Oil has five functions: lubrication, cooling, sealing, preventing corrosion, and cleaning.
What does it help do?
- Lubrication: Motor oil forms an oil film on contact areas to reduce friction to prevent wearing, energy loss, and seizing.
- Cooling: Motor oil also absorbs heat from engine parts that become hot from the heat of combustion and the heat produced by friction. The oil then helps to radiate this heat to the outside of the engine.
- Sealing: Creating an oil film between the piston and cylinder seals the compressed gas and combustion gas in the combustion chamber to prevent a loss of power.
- Preventing Corrosion: Motor oil protects the engine from oxygen and water present in the engine to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Cleaning: Motor oil protects the engine from oxygen and water present in the engine to prevent rust and corrosion.
When to replace?
Manufacturer’s Genuine Motor Oil and filter should be replaced according to the manufacturer’s required maintenance schedule.View Maintenance Schedule
Manufacturer’s Genuine Motor Oil is available in two different types: Mineral and Synthetic. Both maintain the quality of your Lexus engine. Manufacturer’s Genuine Motor Oil is a unique combination of oil base stocks (mineral or synthetic) and a special additive package that promotes optimum engine performance.