What is it?
Engine oil filters help remove harmful particles from the oil, protecting your engine and prolonging its life.
Why replace them?
- Oil is constantly being contaminated with carbon, moisture, blow-by gases and microscopic metallic grit.
- These contaminants accumulate in the filter over time, reducing its efficiency and restricting oil flow.
When to replace?
The oil and filter should be replaced according to the manufacturer’s required maintenance schedule.
- Check & Relief Valves: Durable, heat-resistant rubber for long-lasting performance. Relief valve lets some oil flow even if the filter is clogged. Check valve ensures oil is ready at start-up.
- Dual Texture Element: Motor oil also absorbs heat from engine parts that become hot from the heat of combustion and the heat produced by friction. The oil then helps to radiate this heat to the outside of the engine.
- Sealing: Uses premium gasket material and precision machined threads for an exact fit that will not leak.
- Element Oil Filter: Element oil filters are being used on new Toyota Lexus vehicles as they offer the same filtration qualities as a cartridge type however reducing the use of metal housings added helps to lessen our impact on the environment.
- Flows at a far lower temperature than conventional oil, as low as -32°C.
- Improves fuel economy compared to conventional motor oils.
- Withstands the extremes of very high engine temperatures without thermal breakdown and maintains viscosity control.
- Excellent low and high temperature performance combine to produce a single all-season lubricant suitable for extreme weather conditions.
- Faster cold weather starts.
- Reduced engine deposits for a cleaner running engine.